How to apply colour to rolled up values

• 2p
    captell2p 2 years, 8 months ago

I have an analysis that in the columns has a date hierarchy (Year,month,day) and in the rows has a couple of other hierarchies (Devicetype, device) and then (Metricname and Instance), see the first image for a better idea of how my data is structured.

I also have a threshold value that I need to compare the analysis values against, in the first image it is the last column in the row headers (blank),(blank),(blank),10,1024 etc. I have created a new attribute that returns either 1 or 0 depending upon whether the analysisvalue is above or below the threshold and I’m using this to colour my values. So far so good, see the second image.

My problem comes when I roll up one of the hierarchies, see the third image. where the underlying data have values both above and below the threshold the analysis shows both values in the cell. I want the colour to be applied to the summarised value not to the underlying values.

I think this is a bug, or I’m missing some other step, can you provide some assistance please.

Cheers..

Adrian.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attched files.
  • 49p
    Ashish Jindal49p 2 years, 8 months ago

Hello,

By default, underlying data displays all the information related to the particular ID of that cell. For example, in the given image, it will display all the information related to 1024.

If you want to display customized data then you can create a custom dialog and can refer to the product sample “CustomUnderlyingDataGrid” available at this link:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\GrapeCity\ActiveAnalysis\2.1.953.0\Samples\Windows.Forms\CS

Regards

• 2p
    captell2p 2 years, 8 months ago

Thanks for the pointer to the sample, however the problem is not with underlying data, its the fact that the cell shows both values, see the top image which has a red circle around the cell on the pivot view. Is there any way to avoid this problem.

• 49p
    Ashish Jindal49p 2 years, 8 months ago

Hello,

Data overlapping occurs when Measures attribute is not placed in the Columns shelf. By default, when two or more fields are added in the Data then Measures attribute is added automatically.

It seems that the same is not present and hence, you are facing overlapping issue. I would suggest you to add the Measures attribute manually in the Columns shelf​.

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.