Hide "select a cube" in pivotview

• fabioand2k DD 7 years, 11 months ago

Hi,

how can i hide select a cube in pivotview, or how can exclude some perspective from list.

’cause i control security access for cubes in my application.

thanks

fabio andrade

• GauravC 7 years, 11 months ago

Hello,

Can you please provide us some more information on what you are trying to achieve.

What do you mean by hiding a cube? Are you referring to hiding the Attributes and Measures field or are you referring to filter data in the pivot view?

Regards,

Gaurav

See my picture, if i can hide this combo, its better, but if i can remove cubes from list, its ok.

thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attched files.
  • GauravC 7 years, 11 months ago

Hello,

At present it is not possible to hide any particular section of the PivotView.

I have entered a Case 130714 to implement this feature and also attached your email address to this case so that you can be notified when the feature gets implemented.

Regards,

Gaurav

And have anyway to remove Perspectives from list ?, in perspectives collection , have a remove method, how can i use ?

• Vahan 6 years, 2 months ago

Hi,

I wanted to know if there has been any updates for this thread.

Currently, I am trying to hide the “Select a Cube” section of the PivotView but cannot find any solutions online. Has this feature been implemented?

Thank You,

Vahan

• 107p
    SankalpS107p 6 years, 2 months ago

Vahan,

Unfortunately Case 130714 has not been implemented as yet. I have added your E-mail address to the list of affected users for this case. You will be notified once this case gets resolved.

Regards,
    Sankalp

• fabioand2k DD 5 years, 3 months ago

Hi,

problably, i’m the first customer bought activeAnalysis (if you see your sales records), this feature (hide select a cube), i ask 3 years ago, and nothing at this time, i’m a developer, and i know its very simple, to create a property like visible to this combo. with this problem i cant use your component, and sinceraly, i dont know why i bought version 2.

3 years for only visible combo ?

• 107p
    SankalpS107p 5 years, 3 months ago

fabioand2k,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I checked the status of Case 130714 and found that hiding of “Select a Cube” combobox was not implemented. However another sub case 150647 was opened to provide a way to list specific cubes in cubes drop-down and it has already been implemented. This is specifically
    required as we apply security at a cube-level and user can access only
    the cubes which they have access to. We have added a new method named
    SetCubeFilter. Please take a look at this link from our documentation to get more information on how you can show or hide specific cubes. You can download the latest build of ActiveAnalysis from this link to check this feature.

Regards,
    Sankalp

• fabioand2k DD 5 years, 3 months ago

Thanks,

its works on winforms, bt how can i do in silverlight ?

thanks

• 107p
    SankalpS107p 5 years, 3 months ago

fabioand2k,

In Silverlight, ServerSideDataSource should be registered for MdxDataSource because in general developers use ServerSideDataSource instead of client MdxDataSource and since it also requires to share connection string on client side. Therefore the additional implementation can be done in client MdxDataSource.

We actually have a nice sample which is shipped with ActiveAnalysis. I would suggest you to kindly take a look at the MdxCubeFilter Silverlight sample which demonstrates how to establish server side connection to an MDX data source with cube filter.

Regards,
    Sankalp

• 2p
    captell2p 3 years, 5 months ago

Hi there,
    I’d just like to add my vote for the ability to hide the “Select a cube” section of pivot view. My application only uses data from a relational database not analysis services, so I’d really like to remove the “Select a cube” option form the window.

Using winforms.

• dgaitan1966 2 years, 8 months ago

fabioand2k,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I checked the status of Case 130714 and found that hiding of “Select a Cube” combobox was not implemented. However another sub case 150647 was opened to provide a way to list specific cubes in cubes drop-down and it has already been implemented. This is specifically
    required as we apply security at a cube-level and user can access only
    the cubes which they have access to. We have added a new method named
    SetCubeFilter. Please take a look at this link from our documentation to get more information on how you can show or hide specific cubes. You can download the latest build of ActiveAnalysis from this link to check this feature.

Regards,
    Sankalp

COULD YOU UPDATE THE LINKS ABOVE? THEY ARE BROKEN!!!
    I need to hide the combo of CubeFilter
    thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.