Error loading analysis with filter

• bradwery 2 years, 9 months ago

I created a new analysis and added information to the Filter Card. I then saved the layout (using XML). When I try to load the XML that I saved previously, I get the following exception:

An exception of type \’GrapeCity.ActiveAnalysis.InvalidLayoutException\’ occurred in GrapeCity.ActiveAnalysis.Web.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: DataSource is not specified or invalid.

Inner Exception:

\”Members can not be excluded due of some restrictions.\”

My data source is set and connected properly. It\’s the exact same data source used to initially create the analysis so I know it works and it\’s the right one. This is essentially what I\’m doing to load the analysis control:

var myDS = new MdxDataSource();
    myDS.ConnectionString = \"…\"
    myDS.Connect();
    PivotView1.DataSource = myDS;
    System.Xml.XmlReader xmlReader = System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(new StringReader(analysisXml));
    PivotView1.Read(xmlReader, PersistSettings.Layout | PersistSettings.CardLayout);

Why would I be getting this error?

Thanks,

• 49p
    Ashish Jindal49p 2 years, 9 months ago

Hello,

This error generally occurs when datasource is changed between saving the layour and uploading the layout. I tried to replicate the issue in the product sample by saving the layout after applying filter, clear the PivotView and then, reload the layout but it worked correctly at my end. The default sample is available at this link:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\GrapeCity\ActiveAnalysis\2.1.953.0\Samples\ASP.NET\CS\DataSourceSample

Could you kindly check with the same and let me know if I missed any step ? Else, share a small sample replicating the issue so that I can suggest accordingly.

I tested it with 953 build available at : http://our.componentone.com/groups/topic/grapecity-activeanalysis-2-1-953-0-released/

Regards

• bradwery 2 years, 9 months ago

Thanks a lot. I got it to work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pricing

ActiveAnalysis

$1,495

/developer, royalty-free

Add maintenance for $300. This renewable one-year plan entitles you to all major releases made available during its term and to unlimited phone support.

Contact Sales