drill down is not working

• albert2014 2 years, 3 months ago

I download ActiveAnalysis trail version and use it on asp.net web page.
    I use “SQl Server Profiler” to trace the MDX Query.

now I have a cube, it is working on BI 2008. there is a hierarchy like below:

CustKey
    —-CustName
    ——–CustID

one “CustKey” has more “CustName”, one “CustName” has more “CustID”.

1. drag the hierarchy to Rows:

WITH MEMBER [Measures].[Apache Constant] AS ’1′ SELECT NON EMPTY {(HIERARCHIZE({{[Customer].[Customer Hierarchy].[All]},{[Customer].[Customer Hierarchy].[Cust Key].ALLMEMBERS AS [apache set 0]}}))} DIMENSION PROPERTIES [PARENT_UNIQUE_NAME], [MEMBER_UNIQUE_NAME] ON AXIS(0) FROM [Aged Receivables] WHERE {([Measures].[Apache Constant])} CELL PROPERTIES VALUE, FORMAT_STRING
    SELECT ADDCALCULATEDMEMBERS( [Customer].[Customer Hierarchy].[Cust Key].&[#].CHILDREN ) DIMENSION PROPERTIES MEMBER_NAME, MEMBER_TYPE ON 0, {} ON 1 FROM [Aged Receivables]

2. drill down the “CustKey” is “‘”

WITH MEMBER [Measures].[Apache Constant] AS ’1′ SELECT NON EMPTY {(HIERARCHIZE({{[Customer].[Customer Hierarchy].[All]},{[Customer].[Customer Hierarchy].[Cust Key].ALLMEMBERS AS [apache set 0],INTERSECT(DRILLDOWNLEVEL([apache set 0]),{[Customer].[Customer Hierarchy].[Cust Name].&[`]&[`cheng Hon wing],[Customer].[Customer Hierarchy].[Cust Name].&[`]&[`rivera Roque]}) AS [apache set 1]}}))} DIMENSION PROPERTIES [PARENT_UNIQUE_NAME], [MEMBER_UNIQUE_NAME] ON AXIS(0) FROM (SELECT (STRIPCALCULATEDMEMBERS({{{[Customer].[Customer Hierarchy].[Cust Key].ALLMEMBERS AS [apache set 2],INTERSECT(DRILLDOWNLEVEL([apache set 2]),{[Customer].[Customer Hierarchy].[Cust Name].&[`]&[`cheng Hon wing],[Customer].[Customer Hierarchy].[Cust Name].&[`]&[`rivera Roque]}) AS [apache set 3]} AS [apache set 4]} – GENERATE([apache set 4] AS [apache set 5], ASCENDANTS([apache set 5].CURRENT) – [apache set 5].CURRENT)})) ON AXIS(0) FROM [Aged Receivables]) WHERE {([Measures].[Apache Constant])} CELL PROPERTIES VALUE, FORMAT_STRING
    SELECT ADDCALCULATEDMEMBERS( [Customer].[Customer Hierarchy].[Cust Name].&[`]&[`cheng Hon wing].CHILDREN ) DIMENSION PROPERTIES MEMBER_NAME, MEMBER_TYPE ON 0, {} ON 1 FROM [Aged Receivables]

3. drill down the “CustName” is “`cheng Hon wing”:

I cannot find “With Member” query like about, and only “Select ADDCALCULATEDMEMBERS” query, the problem is the query is for all “custname”, not the “`cheng Hon wing”. there are over 150000 cust names. so supper slow and not correct.

Now, my question is this version is just working for 2 levels hierarchy or something I am missing?

Thanks

• 49p
    Ashish Jindal49p 2 years, 3 months ago

Hello,

I am trying to replicate the issue at my end and would get back to you as soon as possible. In between, if you can provide the sample cube then it would really help us in replicating the issue.

Regards

Thanks Ashish. I can send the structure to you. details in attach.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attched files.
  • 49p

Hello,

Thanks for the schema. We tried to replicate the scenario at our end but the query string with the words “With Member” is generated at our end for the hierarchy i.e. Promotions in the dimension Promotions. The query string is generated after “Select ADDCALCULATEDMEMBERS” query. Hence, I would request you to share the dummy cube so that we can test the issue with your database. You can upload the cube on portal or we can share our FTP link for same.

You can also refer to the attached screenshots displaying the behavior at our end.

Regards

Attachments:

Thanks Ashish.

the attach file is the cube with some sample data.

the hierarchy in “Customer” dimension is “Customer Hierarchy”, there are 2 “cust key”, “1″ and “2″. I test on my local.

the problem is the queries will run “SELECT ADDCALCULATEDMEMBERS” for “2″ first when I drill down the “cust name” of “1″, and run “WITH MEMBER [Measures].[Apache Constant]….”.

so if I have a lots “Cust name” in “2″(like 15000 records), the query “SELECT ADDCALCULATEDMEMBERS” will be run 15000 times. it takes long time to load data.

Attachments:

the attach file is screen shot for query. Black part is for drill down “Cust Key” (“1″), when I drill down “Cust name” for “1″, the query in Red part will run first. so I think it takes long time to load if “2″ has lots of “Cust Name”.

Please advice. Thanks again.

Attachments:
  • 49p

Hello Albert,

Thanks for the files. I could observe that the query i.e. “SELECT ADDCALCULATEDMEMBERS” for “2″ will run when we drill down the “cust name” of “1″ and have escalated it to the development team(177437) for review. I would update you as soon as I get anything from them.

Regards

Thanks Ashish.

Ashish, I got 2 emails today, like below:

Request ID: 101477 has been updated.

As we have not heard back from you, we are closing this case on our side for now.
    Incase you would require further assistance or have any questions related to this
    case, you need to reopen the case.

Case ID: 101477

Title: (GrapeCity ActiveAnalysis) Drilling Down is not working
    Updated Date: Friday, January 09, 2015 1:48:37 PM
    URL: http://supportone.componentone.com/casedetail/101477

and I try to open the URL, but not working.

Your feedback is important to us! Please take a moment to fill out the attached Satisfaction Survey regarding our support services and products.

Regards,
    Technical Support Team
    ComponentOne, a division of GrapeCity
    http://www.componentone.com

Complete Survey

and I click “Complete Survey” link, it is nothing either.

what I need to do? one more thing is do you got any solution about my question from your team?

Thanks

• 49p

Hello Albert,

Since, we are handling this issue on forum, the ticket in the portal is automatically closed. Hence, you have recieved the closure mail.

Regarding the issue, the development team is still working on it and I am waiting for their reply. I would update you as soon as I get any information from them.

Regards

Hi Ashish,

One week past, do you get any info?

thanks

• 49p

Hello Albert,

As per the development team, the observed behavior is due to the current design of the ActiveAnalysis. I have requested them to change the same so that the performance can be improved. It won’t be a small fix so it might take some time. I would keep you posted as I hear anything further from the development team.

Regards

• 49p
    Ashish Jindal49p 2 years, 2 months ago

Hello Albert,

The development team has improved the behavior in the private build 982 which you download from the following link:
    ftp://ftp.componentone.com/SupportFTP/Public/Ashish/ActiveAnalysis_982.zip

Can you check and let me know if it works for you ?

Regards

• albert2014 2 years, 2 months ago

I cannot open the link. Would you please double check?

• 49p
    Ashish Jindal49p 2 years, 2 months ago

Hello,

I opened the link in the browser and the file started downloading at my end. Can you let me know if you facing any error while doing so ? Else, can you ask you network team to download the same for you ?

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.