ActiveAnalysis with ASP.Net MVC?

• thomas1 DD 3 years, 11 months ago

Hello,

we use ActiveAnalysis. Is it possible to use it with ASP.Net MVC?

When yes, how? Can you send me an example?

Thanks

Thomas

• 49p
    Ashish Jindal49p 3 years, 11 months ago

Hello Thomas,

Yes, it is possible to use ActiveAnalysis in MVC application and you may refer to the attached sample implementing the same.

Regarding your other query i.e. loading and saving layout, I am working on it and would get back to you as soon as possible.

• 8p
    Rajnish Sinha8p 2 years, 10 months ago

Can you attach the sample please?

• 49p
    Ashish Jindal49p 2 years, 10 months ago

Hello Rajnish,

Here is the sample.

Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attched files.
  • 1p
    delmontyb1p 2 years, 9 months ago

I wasn’t able to open the project, but when I went into the files, I see that the index view, is aspx and not cshtml. Are there any mvc examples using cshtml?

thanks,

• 49p
    Ashish Jindal49p 2 years, 9 months ago

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no way to use PivotView control in cshtml pages.

Regards

• 1p
    delmontyb1p 2 years, 9 months ago

Ashish,

Any thoughts on how to make this work. Unfortunatly, the MVC 3 project you have attached won’t work in my environment. Anything MVC 4 or 5 that you have.

I’m looking for some direction.

I have the controler call the aspx view but I get the following error:

“The GrapeCity.ActiveAnalysis.Web.CoreHandler HTTP handler is not registered.”

However, when I navigate to the aspx webpage, it works just fine.

Here is my aspx

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" MasterPageFile="~/Areas/AnalyticsHome/Pages/Site1.Master" CodeBehind="Viewer.aspx.cs" Inherits="GaffeyReporting.Areas.AnalyticsHome.Pages.Viewer" %>

<%@ Register assembly="GrapeCity.ActiveAnalysis.Web, Version=2.1.937.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d557f2f30a260da2" namespace="GrapeCity.ActiveAnalysis.Web" tagprefix="cc1" %>
    <%@ Register assembly="GrapeCity.ActiveAnalysis.Web, Version=2.1.937.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d557f2f30a260da2" namespace="GrapeCity.ActiveAnalysis.Web.DataSources" tagprefix="cc2" %>

<asp:Content runat="server" ID="BodyContent" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent">

<cc1:PivotView ID="PivotView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="MdxDataSource1" Height="800px" Width="1600"></cc1:PivotView>

<cc2:MdxDataSource ID="MdxDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="Data Source=10.0.2.153;Catalog=AACube;" Cube="AACube" />

</asp:Content>

Here is my controller call:

public ActionResult C1Viewer()
    {
    return View(new WebFormView(new ControllerContext(), “~/Areas/AnalyticsHome/Pages/Viewer.aspx”));
    }

Thanks for any help or direction. :)

• 49p
    Ashish Jindal49p 2 years, 9 months ago

Hello,

The error generally occurs when its entry is missing from the web config file. Kindly make sure that you have the following entry :

<httpHandlers>
        <add verb="GET,POST" path="ActiveAnalysis.ashx" type="GrapeCity.ActiveAnalysis.Web.CoreHandler, GrapeCity.ActiveAnalysis.Web"/>
    </httpHandlers>

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pricing

ActiveAnalysis

$1,495

/developer, royalty-free

Add maintenance for $300. This renewable one-year plan entitles you to all major releases made available during its term and to unlimited phone support.

Contact Sales